Earlier this week HS2 deposited in Parliament a proposed set of amendments for Phase 2A from Birmingham to Crewe in the form of an Additional Provision (AP2) and Additional Provision Environmental Statement (AP2 ES).
Individuals, groups and organisations whose property or interests are directly affected by the new proposals in AP2 may submit petitions against it, with the petitioning period open from 15th February 2019 the 29th March 2019.
Rostons represent a number of affected businesses and properties on the route and will be submitting petitions on behalf of our clients. It is vital that those affected make HS2 aware of the future impacts the changes may have.
The principle changes include:
- Changes to utilities designs
- Highway improvements to cope with HS2 construction traffic
- A replacement traction power supply route from Newlands Lane to Parkgate
- The addition of temporary Tunnel Boring Machine and permanent power supply routes at Whitmore and Madeley.
- Reconfiguration of the Phase 1 West Coast Main Line junction at Handsacre.
Rostons have previously submitted Petitions on behalf of clients affected by HS2 Phase 2A and succeeded in winning assurances and modifications to the scheme on affected land.
For further information contact the Rostons office on 01829 773000