HS2 Limited have announced a consultation is now open for amendments to the route for three sections south of Crewe. Two further Consultations have opened for the working draft Environmental Impact Assessment and Equality Impact Assessment reports for Phase 2A.
1. What makes you get up in the morning?
Apart from the wife – life is for living and I am always busy!
2. If you had a magic wand, what is the one thing you would change in the farming industry
If I had a magic wand I would ensure that there was more continuity of value in our produce and more opportunities for the young people involved in our industry.
3. What do you believe is the biggest threat to the industry?
My concern is the EU referendum decision and Brexit. I believe this is the biggest threat to our industry at the moment.
4. What other interests do you have other than farming?
I do have a degree in Philosophy which I have completed through the Open University.
5. Brexit – Were you in or out?
I was certainly one to remain within the European Union.
The European Commission has confirmed a new package of measures, including an EU-wide scheme to incentivise a reduction in milk production worth 12p/litre, which will be paid to producers on the basis they commit to reducing production compared with last year across a three-month period.