Welsh farmers should be aware of a new Welsh Government grant scheme launched this year, the Farm Business Grant Scheme, designed to help improve farm resilience and efficiency.
Grants between £3,000 and £12,000 are available with the grant rate set at 40% of the capital cost spread over four years.
There are three ‘Expression of Interest’ windows open with the first one open until June 30th and the second one opening in August 2017.
The eligibility criteria for the grant are:
- Holdings must be over 3ha
- Businesses must demonstrate at least 550 standard labour hours
- Annual business turnover must not exceed £1,000,000
Farmers must attend a meeting hosted by Farming Connect that are held at various locations around the country.
Examples of items that farmers can apply for are:
- Livestock Handling Systems
- Cattle Crush
- Electronic Weighing System
- EID devices
- Bulk Feed Bin
- Seed Drill
Please contact Rostons is you would like to know more.